Mazenod Institute established in early 1932 under the supervision of the Oblates family as
the multi-purpose enterprise including tailor-shop, printing plant, shoe making, carpentry and
other more. The company kept operational until Lesotho got its independence in 1966. Due to
the environmental change and economical advancements, new management team had to reassess company aims, policies and structures. Those lead the change of the company name
from Mazenod Institute to Mazenod Printing Works (Pty) Ltd that ended up lawfully registered
under N. 68/028 in the companies’ registry, Maseru, under the companies’ act 1967, on 29
Mazenod Printing Works (Pty) Ltd registered to carry on the business of the publishers
(Publishing), newspaper Proprietors (Moeletsi oa Basotho), book selling and stationery.
Some of the items activated at the establishment of the company but there were some
advancements other operations. It also includes Book Centre; offices rented and tailoring
expanded as a new venture in the company.